Art and Design Walk
Please note this tour requires at least 2 people to book to depart, if you are concerned, please call before you book.
Tours will run in all weather, so weather appropriate clothing is suggested, umbrellas will be available for loan if necessary.
- Included in price:
- City map and info, Access to public toilets,
- What to bring:
- Comfortable day shoes, weather appropriate clothing, and an inquisitive mind
- Fitness level required:
- Not specified
- Child policies:
- Tours not suitable for children under the age of 15. Adult rates apply.
- Departure points:
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Departure time:
2:00 PM Fri, Sat
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- The tour starts at 2pm from Federation Square. Please meet at the ACMI sign on the Flinders Street side of Federation Square (look for the white sign, near the green pods & the Beer Deluxe Bar) at 1.55pm, so as not to delay departure. The tour will conclude with a drink at 4pm.
- 2 hours plus a drink to conclude.
- Approximate Return Time:
- between 4 and 4.30pm is the conclusion time.
Melbourne has plenty to offer the culture vulture of all shapes and sizes just by walking the streets! Though sometimes its not so obvious what to look for, or where.
The galleries vary every month, as does the public art, what you see one week, may have evolved or moved the next.
Learn some of the stories behind the works that have become an important part of Melbourne's streetscape, their beauty may be more profound than your eyes will tell.
Discover creative outpourings that are right under - or often above - your noses, and gallery doors you thought led nowhere.
Indulge with a drink to finish, and plenty of ideas to keep exploring, today, or even next month.