Progressive Degustation Walk ( was Sommeliers City Walk)
This tour does not equate to dinner, but some food is supplied during the tour. Please be sure to have a designated driver, or plan to take a taxi, public transport home.
There may be some stairs and cobbled streets on this tour, so comfortable dress shoes should be fine.
- Included in price:
- all drinks and food samples as outlined in the tour description.
- What to bring:
- An inquisitive mind
- Fitness level required:
- Not specified
- Child policies:
- This tour is not suitable for children. All participants must be able to provide proof of age, as alcohol is consumed on the tour, so participants must be ovr the age of 18.
- Departure points:
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Departure time:
5:00 PM Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- The tour starts at 5pm infront of Starbucks in Melbourne City Square, and will conclude by 7.30pm. We ask that participants aim to be outside Starbucks in the City Square (near the corner of Collins and Swanston Streets) at 4.55, so as not to delay departure.
- This tour will last approximately 2.5 hours, though you are welcome to stay in the final venue at your leisure, were room is available, perhaps for desert, or a cheese plate...
Passion for food and wine is a lifestyle in this city, chefs are well known, and the wine wiaters are finding a voice.
Many of Melbourne’s wine focused restaurants are off the main streets, so take a short walk with us, and enjoy an early evening indulgence.
In three venues, learn of the sommeliers’ influences on menu’s and cellaring choices.
Generous wine samples, food tastings, and special offers included.