Lanes and Arcades Walk Melbourne's Hidden Gems (Morning)
This option is WITHOUT lunch
All Scheduled tours will run with a minumum of 2 participants.
In the case of rain, tours will continue - some umbrellas will be provided if necessary.
The tour runs for 3 hours, and bookings are essential.
- Included in price:
- Handy durable black bag City map Copy of SHOP guide to Melbourne Morning tea and chocolate tastings. Some exclusive offers that will be available at the time of the tour There is access to amenities along the way.
- What to bring:
- This tour is approximately 2 km - so heels are not advised, Warm jacket if the day is windy
- Fitness level required:
- Not specified
- Child policies:
- Tours not suitable for children under the age of 15. Adult rates apply.
- Departure points:
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Departure time:
10:00 AM Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Meeting point is at Federation Square. We meet at the left steps outside Time Out cafe, just near the Visitors Information Centre and the 7/11 shop, at 9.55am for a 10am departure. This is on the corner of Flinders Street and Swanston streets in Melbourne city.
- The tour lasts for approximately 3 hours without lunch - 10am - 1pm
Whether you’re a shopaholic looking for that unique piece of retail bliss, or you’d just like to get to know all of Melbourne’s hidden treasures, this tour is for you! Journey through the city’s hidden lanes and arcades with an experienced local and get to know the real Melbourne.
• Explore Melbourne’s hide lanes and arcades with a friendly, experienced and local guide
• Shop for unique and one off pieces from a variety of different retailers and score some exclusive bargains
• Enjoy morning tea and some delicious chocolate at a trendy eatery
• Receive a souvenir bag, a city map and your own copy of the SHOP guide to Melbourne
With a 10 am departure after meeting at Melbourne’s Federation Square ( meet at 9:55 am outside the ’Time Out’ café), you’ll set of on foot to explore the glorious lanes, arcades and other nooks and crannies in one of Australia’s greatest cities. Say g’day to your intimate group of fellow city explorers, get to know your friendly, local ‘Melbournian’ tour guide and take hold of your big, complimentary shopping bag, city map and shopping guide book as you are introduced to your first city laneway and the delights within.
Throughout your day, you’ll visit a number of trendy and historic laneways, alleys and arcades throughout the city. The lanes and arcades themselves are often historically significant and full of architectural wonders and street art and your guide for the day will regale you with tales pertaining to each area and its history. As you visit all the little independent retailers, you’ll find some truly creative, unique and often one off pieces in the niche of fashion, accessories, art, food, antiques, vintage wares, music, chocolate and so much more!
After a morning of discovering these boutique stores with all their emerging talents, you’ll indulge in a scrumptious morning tea in a hidden café. Sit back and relax with a tea, coffee or other beverage and a couple of delightful treats while watching the city residents go about their day. Afterwards, you’ll be shown even more amazing retailers – some nestled down cosy alleys, some hardly visible in basements and some even hidden in locations that may be mistaken for private residences! Every cent you spend during your tour will go towards supporting Melbourne’s many small businesses too, and the best part? Your guide has all the right connections to score you some brilliant bargains on the day.
Whether you plan to spend big, only buy a few dollars’ worth of knick-knacks or not buy anything at all, this tour is a great way to see the city – even for people who already live there. At the end of your tour (approximately 1 pm), you can either keep exploring the city alone or ask your tour guide to hail you a taxi or point you in the direction of the nearest public transport stop.